Tuesday 18 September 2012


‘Don’t ever hide who you truly are’

TESS 18
Second generation European/musician
As a second generation Australian, I’m not really in touch with my European background. I don’t associate with Europeans and my parents’ lead a very Australian lifestyle. I’ve never felt discrimination due to my European background. When I was younger I always wanted to have blonde hair and blue eyes but as I began to mature I started to accept my European beauty and individuality. Being the only dark haired, dark eyed and mixed race girl in my friendship group ultimately makes me unique. After finishing my studies I intend to travel the world and visit the lands of my grandparents heritage.

Don’t ever hide who you truly are. I was in a secret relationship for two years. Ultimately, my worst fear was that my friends and family weren’t going to accept my sexuality. Living a lie drove me insane. I just wanted to be out and in the open. Finally having the guts to come out, I was shocked by everyone’s reactions. They weren’t bothered by it and were in fact extremely supportive. To this day I am still with my beautiful girlfriend. If you have loving friends and family then they will accept you for whoever you are.





No comments:

Post a Comment